"Whoever you are? You will find yourself here!"
What is an Esthetician?
- a person who is knowledgeable about the nature and appreciation of beauty, especially in art.
- NORTH AMERICAN
Students in this program will gain big world experience, in a small school environment at The Washington County School of Esthetics. You will train to become an Esthetician, Aesthetician, or Skin Care Specialist. This part time program is in compliance with the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, and prepares students for careers in skin care services.
You will become eligible to take the state board aesthetician licensing examination. Once licensed you may be able to gain employment in upscale salons, beauty salons, in home spas, waxing clinics, day spas, department stores, beauty stores, or be an independent business person. With additional advanced training you may find employment in medical spas, plastic surgery or dermatology clinics.
Instruction in this program includes client consultations; skin analysis; anatomy and physiology of the skin; skin diseases and disorders; aging; facial and body treatments; use of machines; makeup techniques; color analysis; body and facial waxing; and the study of Wisconsin laws, safety and sanitation.
Advanced Instruction available for Licensed Estheticians, Cosmetologists, Medical Professionals, or current Students:
Chemical Peels Certification
Acne and Extractions 101 Course (In development available 2019)
Brazillian Waxing Certification
One on one training in your choice of topic is available inquire by email: [email protected]
Your Employer may expect graduates to:
- Perform Skin Analysis and Client Consultations
- Perform Facials, Facial Treatments or Body Treatments
- Perform waxing or other hair removal services
- Demonstrate Makeup Application Services
- Perform Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels (with additional training)
- Demonstrate Retail Sales Techniques
- Recommend Products to Clients
- Use Electrotherapy Techniques
- Live up to professional standards
- Demonstrate organizational skills and time management
Class sizes are small: up to 4 students. Only 3 spots remaining for the next class!
Esthetics Class runs Mondays and Fridays 9-4 beginning in January. It will include some Saturdays 9:15-2:30 once we start seeing clients in April!
The Chemical Peels Certification, Microdermabrasion Certification, and Acne and Extractions 101 Classes are included in the Esthetician Training Program.
You will receive advanced acne knowledge you will get no where else in Wisconsin!
New Location beginning February 2019!
"What's YOUR passion?"
LED Light Therapy
Acne Advanced knowledge